Family-based immigration

Family based immigration is becoming a U.S. permanent resident through certain family relations. Normally, a U.S. citizen (USC) or legal permanent resident (LPR) would file an immigration petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigrations Services (USCIS) (formerly immigration-peopleknown as the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)). This USC or LPR is called the Sponsor. The alien relative for whom the immigration petition is filed is called the Beneficiary.

Family-based immigration and Special Immigration Petitions/Applications

  • Advance Parole/Permission to Travel
  • Alien Relative Petitions
  • Applications for Removal of Conditions
  • Consular Processing for Immigrant and Non-immigrant Visas
  • Document Replacement: Alien Registration Card, Naturalization Certificate, etc.
  • Employment Authorization
  • F-1 Students
  • Fiancé Petitions
  • Permanent Residence Applications for family members both in, and outside the U.S.
  • Self-Petitions for Abused Spouses


Check on Your Case Status

Click here for the latest update


Use our translation tool and convert this site into a multitude of languages.